Children’s Dentistry in Ridgewood, NY
Even if their milk teeth eventually fall out to pave the way for permanent dentition, children need dental care as much as adults too. A robust and healthy set of milk teeth forms a solid foundation for secondary teeth. Here at Mamkin Dentistry Aesthetic & Restorative Center, we are passionate about providing excellent and compassionate care for our younger patients. Our patients range from infants to toddlers to teens and everyone in between.
Right from the moment you walk in through our doors, our objective is to ensure your child feels safe and comfortable. We realize that dental visits can be nerve-wracking and scary for pediatric patients, especially since they may not always know what to expect.
We aim to make each visit fun, memorable, and informative. We want your child to learn why it’s essential to care for their teeth while also having fun at the same time. Our dental office is designed to feel vibrant and welcoming, and we’re confident your child will enjoy their time with us.
Our Children’s Dentistry Services
We provide a wide range of children’s dentistry services, including:
- Preventive care—dental exams and cleaning, fluoride treatments, dental sealants, mouthguards
- Restorative care—root canal treatment, dental fillings, dental crowns, extraction
- Emergency dental care
We begin by evaluating your child’s oral health thoroughly so we can create a personalized treatment plan that’s unique to their needs. Our approach to treatment planning is compassionate and collaborative. We appreciate and encourage your input as a parent, so remember to share any concerns or questions that you have with us, and we’ll be happy to provide the answers that you need.
Preparing Your Child for Their Dental Appointment
You can make your child’s dental appointment even more pleasant by preparing them in advance. Here are some simple, practical ways to ensure your child’s appointment goes smoothly:
- For younger children, book a morning appointment since your child will be more alert and fresh during this time. Visits that are scheduled later in the day might find your young one feeling cranky and tired.
- For older children, it’s best to explain to them what to expect during their appointment in an age-appropriate way.
- Calm yourself, so your child can follow your lead. If you’re anxious about the appointment, your child might pick up on this and become anxious too.
Let Mamkin Dentistry Aesthetic & Restorative Center get your child started on the path to excellent dental health. Contact us today to book an appointment.